BlueGiga have released a new module that used version 3 and has a 1000 meter range. If BlueGiga are releasing this technology then are we expecting Bluetooth to reach further in general?
WT41 is truly a long range Bluetooth module offering impressive 1000 meters range between two WT41 Bluetooth modules. The module utilizes Bluegiga’s sophisticated radio frequency design methodologies and offers OEM’s a trouble free product even with tight integration with surrounding electronics.
- Bluetooth 3.0 + EDR compliant
- Integrates a Bluetooth radio, Bluetooth stack and profiles
- Exceptional radio performance, Transmit power : +20dBm, Receiver sensitivity: -90dBm
- Available with high efficiency chip antenna or U.FL connector
- Industrial temperature range -40Â°C to +85Â°C
- Supported Bluetooth profiles: SPP, DUN, HFP, HSP, HID, AVRCP, DI, PBAP, OPP, FTP and HDP
- Standard HCI over UART or USB
- Bluetooth end product, CE, FCC and IC qualified
WT41 comes with Bluegiga’s iWRAP firmware offering the users a simple software integration without the need of Bluetooth protocol or profile development. iWRAP is an embedded Bluetooth stack firmware for Bluegiga’s Bluetooth. It exposes a powerful but easy-to-use command interface to manage Bluetooth operations. iWRAP hides the complexity of Bluetooth protocol stack and profiles from the end user.
More information about this product:
WT41 Product Brief